Monday, December 21, 2009

CPAP mask without latex and silicone???? Does it exist?

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I used my machine for about a week and had to sell it because I couldn't wear the mask nor the nose plugs. I broke out from the material in the mask. I guess it's either latex or silicone. Can anyone tell me if they make such a mask that does not contain either silicone or latex? Any websites or phone numbers would be appreciated.CPAP mask without latex and silicone???? Does it exist?
Dave,


Because the devices are Licensed as Prescription Only Devices you just cannot go around and do much ';do it yourself';. You really have to work with the providers of the devices to your when you get them with a prescription. Every device that I personally have seen, and I have seen over 50 has some sort of clear silicone rubber as an sealant between the hard plastic and the body! I will look around and check further thought and add on to this answer!





I HAVE CHECKED AROUND AND HERE ARE TWO SITES FOR YOU!





TRY THESE COMPANIES IF ANY SUCH THINGS EXIST THEY HAVE IT!


GOOD LUCK! BETWEEN BOTH THESE SUPPLIERS THEY HANDLE PRETTY MUCH EVERY THING MANUFACTURED!





1. cpapsuperstore.com


2. www.cpapplus.com





Good Luck and stay with it! When I first started I had a sore nose just from the rubbing of the thing! It took several months to really get to where I did not really notice it and that was with soft rubber! There is going to be some discomfort at first no matter what! You might use a hypo-allergenic cream on it you can get it a Wallmart over in the makeup section under Almay brand! It is one of the few hypo-allergenic over the shelf lines you can buy!





Good Sleeping!





APSCPAP mask without latex and silicone???? Does it exist?
Your best resource would be wherever you got the original mask.
I worked at a home health care company for 4 years and all of the masks that we sold were of some sort of plastic with some silicone for comfort. You should have talked to the provider of your machine to find something more suitable. Also, i know that when i was working for the home health care company, the machine is only rented to the patient by the insurance company and the insurace company doesnt purchase that piece of equipment for the patient until a few month trial period has passed, so if you sold that cpap machine you may be paying the health care company for that machine or going without one because your insurance wont pay for another one for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment