Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I hide letters from foamed latex mask?

I have a custom made foamed latex mask which has small letters. I really want to hide the letters. How can I hide(remove? or melt?) the letters without hurting my mask? It does not have to be perfect. The small letters are clear now. I just want to make the letters are not clear so people can not read it. I do not want to cut the mask. Any ideas? Thanks.How can I hide letters from foamed latex mask?
where does it have small letters? Inside or out? Somewhere conspicuous like on the middle of the nose, or small and nearly invisible?


Are the letter pressed in or are they raised? In the latter case I'd just carefully cut them off with a scalpel. In the first case you probably could fill them in with something of the same color as the background (like plasticine). If they have a different color than the surround you could paint them with the color of the surround.


You'd best post a photo so we know what your problem is. Your description is a bit too vague.How can I hide letters from foamed latex mask?
Thanks for the pic, I only saw it now. I think if you melt it it will show up more than it does now. I would try to fill them with silicone. Look in an hardware store if you find silicone or caulking which is of a similar color than your mask. Report Abuse

Put a tiny amount on your mask. Before touching it wet your finger with a dishwashing soap/water solution, this will prevent the silicone sticking to your finger. rub even. Try somewhere inconspicous first. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment