Monday, December 21, 2009

Making a latex batgirl mask.?

I am going to get a head start on my halloween costume. A couple questions...





Can you add a colorant right into the latex? If so what do I use, and how much? Or is it best to paint it? If I paint it, can I just use a latex based paint or something cheap?





How much latex should I purchase? I have 2 16 fl oz things or this stuff





http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0514





I'm making the mask, spikes on the arms, and body armor in latex, how much more latex will I need?





For the lifecast, can I just use plaster gause





http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0027





It doesn't need extreme detail, just be able to give me the general shape of my head and torso for the mask and armor. Will it be strong enough to be used as a mold and filled with plaster?


I know Pottery Plaster #1 is best for the mold that I fill with latex. Can I just use Plaster of Paris for the life cast? How much of plaster will I need?





Thanks guys!Making a latex batgirl mask.?
I believe most of the latex masks I've seen on special FX shows are painted. I don't remember the type of paint used.Making a latex batgirl mask.?
Well you seem to have the general idea on how to so no need helping you :-p.





But if you are going to paint, do use something that dries fast. Use a shine that doesnt give too much glare to add a touch at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment