Friday, December 25, 2009

Making a latex Batgirl mask and costume.?

I am planning on making a latex Batgirl mask for a costume and I have a few questions.





Would a latex colorant make the latex dry to a solid opaque color? I want the mask to be all black. Will I need to paint over it too, or will just the colorant work? When I put the colorant in the latex how much do I use? Will it affect the latex's strength?


This is what I will use: http://www.monstermakers.com/cgi-bin/monstershop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=thispage%26amp;thispage=page13.html%26amp;ORDER_ID=508396022





What do I use as a mold release in the plaster mold when I put the latex in? Will Sealube mold release work?





I have a problem with the material I got for the gloves and the boots I bought. The material is a bright marigold yellow made of glossy vinyl and the boots are a mustard yellow made of a matte pleather. Is there a way to paint the boots? do you think the latex mask paint will work? Could they also be covered with perma-wet so they are glossy like the gloves?





ThanksMaking a latex Batgirl mask and costume.?
i have no idea but if u gonna be dressing up like batgirl i and most males on here would require at least a photo of u in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment