Monday, December 21, 2009

Latex masks - Do they get hot/make the wearer hot if worn for an extended period of time?

For the first time ever, I'm going to a Halloween party (I've lived a sheltered life). I found a mask online I think I'm going to purchase but it's latex and covers pretty much the entire face; sans eyes, nose holes and mouth. I want to buy something I can wear all night and not something that's going to be an oven in a few minutes. So, does it get hot or should I be comfortable for a few hours?Latex masks - Do they get hot/make the wearer hot if worn for an extended period of time?
It will absolutely get hot. Don't forget about your breath and sweat combining in there...the latex acts like a petrie dish and it will start to smell. I have an old Don Post latex mask that is incredible but can't be worn for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you do wear the mask, bring paper towels to wipe out the inside near the mouth and nostrills when it starts to get hot and sweaty. If you will be indoors with alot of people, it will get hot fast. Go outside and take breaks with the mask off. I would not get drunk while wearing the mask...if you don't get it off in time, it'll be messy. Instead of a full head mask, they do sell face only masks that stay secured with an elastic band that goes around the head. Obviously, it is not as good, but you need to decide if you are willing to suffer for your costume or would you rather be comfortable.Latex masks - Do they get hot/make the wearer hot if worn for an extended period of time?
YES. We have a clown mask.... lets just say that you put it on for five minutes and you're dead. I wouldn't go with latex. If you MUST, put something in there with you to absorb sweat, cuz they get really gross and slimy after a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment