Monday, December 21, 2009

I want to buy a foam latex mask for halloween but I don't know if it will turn out right?

Last halloween, I wanted to do a foam latex appliance thing for a costume, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I got http://amphigory.com/latex_appliance_and鈥?/a> that. I was able to put it on my head just fine and cover it in makeup, but it was still an obvious appliance. I couldn't blend in the edges enough to make it look real, like in the photo.





This year I have more money and I want to do a full latex mask, like the ones here http://screamteamorder.stores.yahoo.net/鈥?/a> (I want to do ';Shredd';), but I don't know how I will be able to match my skin color perfectly and blend in the edges, plus I don't know how well I'll be able to paint the mask to make it look real. I really don't want to waste any money, so does anyone here have experience or tips for this? Thanks!I want to buy a foam latex mask for halloween but I don't know if it will turn out right?
You should look for a pro makeup artist in your area and just have them do it for you...with that said, if you can find someone that just got out of school they would probably still have a lot of supplies like liquid latex etc...and be freshly trained... Anyone who has been trained in Professional Makeup Artistry should have been trained in prosthetics and that way if you have them do it for you they would be able to blend the edges while applying the latex. Depending on where you live, there may be a makeup school where you can go to and post a ';job offer'; for a student to do your makeup, a lot of times that student is looking for experience and will do most jobs for little or no cost. I went to Joe Blasco Makeup Center in Orlando, FL...there is also one in LA...but there were students from all over. I'd give it a try, less work for you and you'll be able to get your look exact. Post an ad on www.craigslist.com under the gigs category, all of the makeup artists I know check that site for jobs. Trust me, you'll be able to find someone to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment