Friday, December 25, 2009

If you have any experience with latex masks...?

Okay, lol, this is somewhat of a strange question, but if you are a costume designer as myself, you wont think so.





Weve all seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas. And us interested in costtuming I am sure have researched how in the world they made Jim Careys face look so amazing in it. They used latex and molded it onhis face.


At my high school, we are doing a musical, somewhat like the Hoodwinked movie, which includes this 3 pigs and the Big Bad Wolf.





I really want to do a mask using the same Grinch concept for the big bad wolf, so if you have any experience or just knoledge in the feild, I have a question.


Bathroom Caulking is basically the same thing (silicone free) correct? Could I just use it. Squirt in on the subjects face, and carve around it, then let it dry?If you have any experience with latex masks...?
never try latex mask

No comments:

Post a Comment